Wheelchair Van Fund
Cascade Connections is having a fund drive to raise money to purchase a new wheelchair van! We need to raise $55,000 for a Toyota Sienna wheelchair van that can transport up to two wheelchairs at a time. There are many people who have mobility issues that we can provide services to if we can purchase a van.
Please make donations to:
c/o Wheelchair Van Fund
P.O. Box 3174
Ferndale, WA 98248
For more information about Toyota wheelchair accessible van, please see the Toyota Mobility website.
Wish List by Location
We live in one of the richest nations on earth and we take so much for granted. There are however, some people that don’t have it as good as we do. Most of the people we work with are on a very limited, fixed income and can’t afford some of the things we consider basic needs.
Please consider helping someone by purchasing one or more items from the wish list below.
Location: Cascade Supported Living – Lynden
- One of our clients is in need of a new vacuum cleaner. She now lives alone without a roommate. She is responsible for all of her rent as well as utilities, and she cannot afford to buy a vacuum cleaner.
- New client will be moving into our program on April 1st. This is his first time living on his own in the community. We are excited and blessed to be able to provide him this opportunity. However, he has no household items. We are looking for donations – everything from large items such as a bed to smaller items such as pots and pans. Good quality, please.
Location: Home Care – Whatcom County
We have people we provide support to that live in apartments that can’t afford cleaning supplies and first aid kit. Below is a list of items in need.
- First aid kit (bandages, compress dressings, adhesive cloth tape, antibiotic ointment packets, instant cold compress, etc.)
- Gloves (Latex-free, powder-free)
- Lysol spray
- Butterfly mop
- Quick-wring 2.5 gal bucket
- Clorox toilet bowl cleaner
- Toilet brush and caddy
- Broom with dust pan
- Window cleaner
- Cleaning gloves
- Re-usable cleaning cloths
If you are interested in meeting one of these needs and making a donation to purchase one or more of these items, please visit our donation page and and fill out the payment form, specifying where you would like your donation to go towards under the “designate this donation to a specific fund” section. Thank you for making a difference in someone’s life!