Cascade Connections is closely monitoring updates from Whatcom County officials regarding COVID-19. As an agency, we are taking precautions to ensure the health of our community.
Administration employees who do not provide direct customer services have been encouraged to begin working from home. All staff have been instructed to follow universal precautions. Staff will undergo daily screenings to be reported to managers, and will monitor clients for signs of fever or respiratory issues.
We appreciate your understanding and patience in this difficult period, and we are working hard to do what’s best for our staff and the communities we serve. Please take care of yourself and stay healthy.
9/16/2021 – Important Update From Cascade Connections Training Center
In order to provide a safe learning environment, we will be offering a variety of classes via webinar, blended, and limited in-person. We will continue to provide trainings in accordance with DOH recommendations. Please be advised all employees, visitors, and staff must be wearing face masks during this time.
ALL STUDENTS — Please read these documents before you attend the class:
- Classroom Guidelines and Requirements
- COVID-19 Infectious Disease Control Policy – Cascade Connections Training Center
All students are required to:
- Answer COVID-19 symptom questionnaire when entering the building. If you answer yes to any of the symptoms, you will be asked to go home and reschedule your class.
- Wear masks or cloth face coverings. Wear a face shield or goggle where social distancing is not feasible (for example, during the skill classes such as CPR/First Aid, RIGHT RESPONSE, HCA Skill Classes, etc.).
- Practice physical distancing (staying at least 6 feet away from others).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of the elbow.
- Avoid gathering in break rooms, kitchen, hallway, and other areas where groups congregate.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds regularly.
- Utilize hand sanitizer provided in common areas in between handwashing.
Some students might not be able to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to religious, medical, or other conditions. Students who cannot be vaccinated must fill out an exemption form. Please contact Training Director, Allison Hill at [email protected] for the exemption forms. Forms will need to be submitted 2 weeks before an in-person skill session is conducted. It is Cascade Connections Training Center’s goal to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Students whose exemption forms are accepted are required to:
- Come to skills sessions/classes 30 minutes early to take a RAPID COVID-19 Test. All tests are confidential and will be conducted per the DOH guideline.
- Wear additional PPE such as double face mask and face shield for their protection depending on the infection rate in our area.
Students whose exemption forms are NOT accepted will be:
- Given a list of other training sites that may work for them.
Email us at [email protected] with questions or to check in with the training team. We appreciate your patience during this time.
HCA STATE EXAM
HCA state exam testing is now open. All testers will be required to wear masks and pass a health questionnaire. Please call the Prometric Customer Service, 1-800-324-4689, for all testing questions.
We continue to be open to your essential Fingerprinting needs. You will be required to undergo a brief screening, wear a face mask, and wash your hands before and after your appointment. We are following strict sanitation guidelines between each appointment so please be patient as we ensure you and our technicians’ safety. If you have questions, scheduling conflicts, or need to make an appointment, please call 1-844-321-2124.