Cascade Connections is seeking community members to add to our board of directors. If you are interested in volunteering your time for a great organization with a valuable mission, we would love to have you.
In order to serve on our board of directors, an applicant would need to meet the following conditions.
- Believe in our mission to empower individuals with disabilities to enhance their quality of life
- Able to participate in monthly meetings and fundraising efforts in the community
- Sign the Statement of Faith described below
- We believe: The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God,without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men,and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe: In One God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe: That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins, according to the Scriptures. Further, He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is our High Priest and Advocate. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again someday to earth to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lord and to Judge the living and the dead.
- We believe: That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service. The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God (complementary). He is present in the world (contemporary) to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ (convincing). He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation(converting). He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right (contributing). He gives every believer one or more spiritual gifts when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily.
- We believe: That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and that only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe: That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and that only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
- We believe: That the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
- We believe that human life is of inestimable worth and significance in all its dimensions from conception to the grave and in all conditions in which humanness is expressed.
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I agree with the above Cascade Connections Statement of Faith.